The industrial lens is a relatively precise product. The lens is manufactured by coating technology, and its appearance is very delicate. If it is used for a long time, it needs to be cleaned regularly. Good maintenance of industrial lenses can extend the life of the lens.
Improper cleaning can damage polished surfaces and specialized overlays on substrates or on lenses, which can degrade performance in all applications. Inspection of device manufacturers can determine appropriate care and cleaning procedures. Below we will teach you a few tips for cleaning and maintaining industrial camera lens.
1. Protect the edge of the handheld industrial lens, and never touch the surface of the lens with your fingers. Moisture from your fingers can sometimes damage the covering on the lens, and if your finger stays on the lens surface for a long time, it can become a stain. Even if you wear gloves, avoid touching the lens surface.
2. Do not handle the camera lens with metal tools or pliers. By using wooden, bamboo and plastic tools to handle the lens will reduce the chance of damage to the lens. For small lenses you can use a handheld vacuum pen.
3. Keep the industrial lens on a soft surface, especially if the optical surface is raised. If it is placed statically on a hard table surface it will scratch the surface.
4. For the system or assembly of the industrial lens, covering the industrial lens cover when not in use can protect the optical surface from damage.
5. When storing an industrial lens like CS mount motorized zoom lens, it needs to be individually wrapped in a clean, soft lens case and placed in a safe place. Never put unwrapped lenses together in a box or bag, as they could be damaged by contact with each other. Never put them under heavy objects.
If your camera or camcorder can be connected to an external filter, it is better to add a UV mirror, which can effectively block dust and protect the industrial lens.
As one of the biggest automotive camera lens manufacturers in China, our company provide all kinds of CCTV lenses, M12 lenses, no distortion lens, machine vision lenses, fisheye lenses, etc., with more than 400 employees and advanced high-precision equipment. Our company strictly implements ISO9001&ISO/IATF16949 quality management system standards, Tesoo produces more than 10 million lenses every year with high quality and competitive prices. If you have any needs, please feel free to consult us.